Material needed for Ronja 10M 90mm Tubular Head
Where do I get the material?
There is a variable "focus" which denotes the focal length of the
lens you have.
One 90mm diameter glass loupe lens with 205mm focal length. Other focal
length is possible, there is a variable "focus" in the building
instructions which is the actual focus of the length.
Some lenses have blueish or greenish colouring. Pick out
the most clear ones with least colouring as the colouring will generate
attenuation of optical signal. The range is specified for clear lenses.
Nuts, bolts, and washers
- 4pcs. bolt M3x15(+5-2), galvanized, hex or Allen or cheese or Philips head
- 8pcs. bolt M4x8, galvanized, hex or Allen head
- 2pcs. bolt M4x15 with thread to head, galvanized, hex or Allen head
- 2pcs. bolt M4x(30+5-2) countersink head, Philips or cheese.
- 4pcs. bolt M6x14, galvanized, hex or Allen head
- 4pcs. self-cutting bolt 4x10, Philips or cheese or hex or Allen head
- 6pcs. nut M3, galvanized
- 18pcs. nut M4, galvanized
- 4pcs. nut M6, galvanized
- 4pcs. washer M4 (3.2mm), galvanized
- 28pcs. washer M4 (4.3mm), galvanized
- 4pcs. toothed spring washer M6 (6.4mm), galvanized
Sections and Tins
- Rectangular piece of metal plate 375x280mm. 0.3mm steel with or without
any coating or dural, 0.5mm kaluminium or copper.
- 135x30mm piece of tin (steel (plated or unplated), dural, aluminium,
copper) 0.3...1mm thick (for slide covers)
- 280mm of open thin-walled section 20x20x2mm (CSN 42 6963)
- 280mm of 20x4 flat steel bar (CSN 42 5522)
- Rough emery paper for grinding off rust
- One (115mm+focus) long piece of 100mm nominal diameter smoke pipe
- Two smoke pipe caps of 100mm nominal diameter
- Primer paint, anti-corrosive, outdoor, any colour, water-soluble
- Top paint, white colour, water-soluble, matte or glossy
- Top paint, black colour, water-soluble, matte
- Detergent and hot water for removing fat
- Silica gel, 100g
- Sillicone sealant, neutral base (acetic base not allowed). White or transparent or black or other color.
- Cutting emulsion (from water, soap and edible oil)
- wire nut, for 4mm^2 wire, one 2-terminal piece and one 8-terminal piece
- 0.41m of 2x1.5mm^2 insulated double-conductor or something similar
- A short piece of thin bare copper wire (as thin as resistor's leads)
- 60mm of 4mm^2 copper hard wire
- 4 pcs. 8.2 Ohm resistor, non-SMD, 0.5W.
These are for 12V heating source and RX and TX head in series. Each optical head is getting 1.125W of heating. Recompute at your will for other connection
(parallel, more Ronja's in series, more Ronja's in paralel etc.) or for different heating power supply voltages.
- 1 pc. cable grommet 6mm inner 8mm outer diameter
- 4 pcs. cable grommets 8mm inner 10mm outer diameter
- 2pcs. 67x46x22mm shielding box tin-plated (U-AH101)
- A block from hard wood to support the chiseled part in a vice
- Optionally a large junk wooden board or plaster board (will be trashed)
if you want to employ mechanized way of cutting out front lids