Twibright Quickbread, an opensource bread
Following properties of the bread:
- Not an empty foam
- You run out of bread, you don't have to go shopping
- Quick to make. Directly bake after mixing.
- Pre-sliced. Adjustable slice size.
- Health benefit: reduced AGEs, low salt
- An oven with temperature setting,
or a piece of ordinary paper instead of thermometer
- A bowl or pot, big
- For better consistency of result: skewer
- Baking tin
- Wheat flour, the cheapest on the shelf. Max. 1 kg, typ. 0.5 kg.
- From grocery store: leavening powder, not yeast.
Emergency replacement: baking soda (the bread will be different in your mouth).
- Water, tap, max. 0.3 L
- Butter or margarine, coconut oil, vegetable oil, tiny amount
- 7 min. work time
- 30 min. wait time
- Take the baking tin outside the oven
- Turn on the oven at 140 degC. The setting is important. For small piece of ordinary
paper instead of thermometer: 140 degC is where it starts turning brown.
- Cover the baking tin with thin layer of butter or other of those greasy stuffs
- Put the flour into the pot
- According to instructions on the leavening powder, add it. For baking soda: sprinkle the
- Thoroughly mix, the baking powder should arrive everywhere.
Using your fingers like a rake.
- Add water slowly while mixing while staying always on the dry side. Proceed until all flour is absorbed into the dough.
- Take the mass out of the pot
- 8 times flatten to about 5 cm (2 in) and fold.
- Flatten out to thickness of 0.8 in (2 cm)
- Put on the tin and press for even thickness.
- Put in the middle of the oven
- You may wish to check for the right stiffness inside during baking by poking with skewer.
- Bake for 30 min. Next time you may wish to adjust the temperature or time according to your taste (see below).
- The result should be white or light golden. Turn off the oven and take the tin out.
Adjust baking time and temperature to your taste
- Increase temperature: more difference between outside and inside hardness and brownness
- Increase time: more overall hardness and dryness and brownness
- Storage: break into suitably big chunks and store in a paper bag or open plastic bag.
- Eating: break the sheets into suitable size pieces. Use the flat bottom part to
apply spreads, butter, honey, mayonnaise, cheese slices and other dressings
- Quick snack: spread mayonnaise, add 1-3 tiny pieces of Thai chilli according to your tolerance to
hot foods, add sliced cheese, sliced pickled gherkins,
cut up a tomato into 6-8 segments and salt the cut surfaces, eat together. Various parts can be left out.
- Squishy, watery, bland, water seeps on the surface, or makes stomach feel like balooning up:
increase baking time
- Hard, eating it feels like eating bathroom tiles: decrease baking time
- Outside is brown and scorched and inside is still too squishy: decrease baking temperature
- Tastes like washing powder: make sure the flour is not stored in an area where cleaning product
smells enter the air
- Thickness: 1.5 inch nominal
- Color: White to light golden
- Consistency: Soft, dense
- Taste: neutral
- Allergy: not suitable for celiacs
- Estimated life until sensory degradation: 4 days
- Estimated life until molding: 6 days
Want to say thank you?
If you want to thank to Twibright Labs for this product, please donate to Twibright Distillcooker.