Creating a schematic
- Make sure the attributes footprint and value are filled in where applicable.
- Fill in the attribute package which is the package specification for shopping.
- footprint=DUMMY causes the part to not be on the PCB, but it will be
still on the shopping and population list. In the population list there
will be "not on PCB" instead of sector code. Example: LEDs which
are mounted into the case and connected with the PCB with a piece of wire and
- package=no causes the part to be omitted from population and
shopping list, but the part still has a footprint and is on the PCB. Example:
- package=custom makes the part appear on the PCB and the population
list, but not on the shopping list. Example: hand-wound wire coil.