Is it possible to use Ronja 10M Metropolis with TP (twisted pair)
network card or switch?
For usage over TP, see Ronja Tetrapolis..
However if you insist on connecting Ronja 10M Metropolis to TP interface,
Nicolas Desir and Silvije have developed two distinc interesting hacks.
Connecting AUI Ronja to TP network card using two transceivers
The hack uses two ordinary TP transceivers (aka AUI/TP
converters) for one Ronja (so you need four of them for
one link!) and allows Ronja 10M Metropolis (which has AUI interface)
to be connected into PC or switch, TP, full duplex.
The PC must be forced by software means to full duplex 10Mbps. If plugged into
a switch instead of a PC, the switch must be manageable switch and must be
forced into full duplex 10Mbps operation.
, XFIG master
Modifying Cabletron TPT4 transceiver
If you have got Cabletron TPT4 transceiver you can modify it:
- Tie pin 22 of the main IC to +5V which enforces fullduplex
- Equip the device with external +12V power (the red added cinch connector)
- Enable SQE by a little switch on the transceiver - a yellow led should shine
- Swap male connector for female
- Swap TX and RX pins on the AUI