Material needed for Ronja Chimney Console
Where do I get the material?
- 2 pcs. 750mm of 50mmx38mm rolled steel U section (DIN 1026, ČSN 42 5570).
750mm is for 500mm wide chimney. Add or subtract as needed.
Nuts and bolts
- 2pcs. bolt M10x(50+10-3), galvanized, hex or Allen head
- 1pc. bolt M5x(15+15-0)mm, with max. 5mm of threadless part, galvanized, hex or Allen or cheese or Philips
- 6pcs. nut M10, galvanized
- 1pc. nut M5, galvanized.
- Possibly 2 or more pcs. union nut, M10, galvanized (for joining thread
bars if the chimney is very wide)
- 6pcs. spring washer M10 (10.5mm), galvanized
- 2pcs. wedge washer for M10 and U section (may be omitted, only slight
loss of configuration flexibility will occur).
- 1pc. toothed spring washer M5, galvanized
- 2 pcs. thread bar, M10, 611+50-0mm long, galvanized (length depends on
chimney dimensions, this is for 500mm chimney, if very long, more pieces are
- Rough emery paper for grinding off rust
- Primer paint, anti-corrosive, outdoor, any colour, water-soluble
- Top paint, white colour, water-soluble
- Detergent and hot water for removing fat
- Drilling emulsion
- Lightning rod clamp plate/wire
- Lightning rod clamp wire/wire or plate/wire (depends on available
- Lightning rod conductor, as long as the distance between the console
and adjacent suitable grounding point